Monday, January 29, 2007

Thinking about the shadows...



Since I've been able to go to Outland I've respecced shadow.
I'm not the only one, it seems to me that most of the priests have decided to embrace the "dark side" of our job because it allows an easier life: faster killing, faster leveling, easier solo questing... all of these stuff.

I remember that i became an little holy angel when i were lvl56 because I found it hard to heal well in Stratholme and Scholomance... and in fact after i were able to save impossible situation (a tank against 6 mobs + an hunter afk+autoshot + a mage who keeps to polymorph the tank target + a lock who keeps looting instead of spamming curses ^^) but questing was so slow and boring that sometimes i logged in only for do instances and if i weren't able to find a group i logged out and played with my lock or rogue :)

Now I'm shadow again but i don't find that it is that hard as i remember. So... or I'm better in healing or the new instance are well designed.

I think the second option wins...

5 Comments:

Blogger Yane (Yet another night elf) said...

questing was so slow and boring that sometimes i logged in only for do instances and if i weren't able to find a group i logged out and played with my lock or rogue

Only players who play priests (and maybe protection warriors?) understand exactly how you feel. People say well just find a group! But sometimes you just want to do things on your own, you know?

16:19  
Blogger Lamthara said...

One day I'll be holy again but... that day isn't so close.

There are so many faces that need to be melted, so many people who need my help as a dps dealer... so many groups i can take into instances and i can heal good enough till the end.

I don't regret neither a moment i'm surrounded by these shadows :P

08:49  
Blogger Hexa said...

With my rogue I have the opposite problem.. no one wants me in their instance groups =/ It doesn't really affect me much since I am much of a solo player... still =)

10:02  
Blogger Jesse said...

I just went shadow as well, I levelled 1-61 Holy- so it was a pretty big deal to me.

I dinged 62 in 1 day, main healed for ramparts with no wipes, and have +400 healing (much more than I ever had holy).

I did run the underbog with my guild - as a main healer and had some problems. I think if I had a druid or paladin in the group we would have been fine.

Anyway - I LOVE shadow, and may not go back, and I NEVER thought I would say that let alone go shadow in the first place.

16:54  
Blogger Lamthara said...

I respecced shadow because when you have to lvl up fast... that's the way (or seems to be, reading the forums).

I don't regret my choice but i guess that once i'll be 68 i'll respect disc-holy again. I really can't find myself confortable with these talents. Yes they are good but i'm pve oriented and seeing that i hardly breath when i have to keep everyone alive during the boss fights... well i don't like it ^^ I want to be good in healing. No matter if I won't be able to pwn everyone out there ^^

11:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home